Study Guide to UK (for Indians)


The United Kingdom is made up of four countries that work together as one. England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are the places. Each one has its own customs and way of life. When choosing a college or university, students in higher education have a lot of choices. Even though there are groups that try to rank schools and universities, “fit” is also an important factor. The GPA of admitted students is important, but a potential student will also look at the majors given, the location, the number of students enrolled, and the culture of the campus. Some schools and universities get money from the government, while others get money from private sources.

Read the piece below to find out why you should study in the UK and other helpful information.

India and the UK government have started a new program called the “Young Professional Scheme.” It will allow Indian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 to live and work in the UK for up to two years. Thousands of Indians between the ages of 18 and 30 will benefit from this plan because they will have access to more jobs. In a later part of the story, more information about the plan was added.

British Home Secretary Suella Braverman has put forward a plan that would limit how long international students can stay in the UK after they finish school. Under the current “Graduate Visa Route,” foreign students can stay in the country for up to two years after they finish their studies without a job offer. But if the new rule is followed, the same length of stay will be cut down to six months. Also, students will have to leave the country if they can’t find a skilled job and a work visa in these 6 months. The UK Department for Education has said that it doesn’t agree.

Popular places for students to go

The best universities in the UK are the University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, London School of Economics, Imperial College London, University of Durham, etc. (in no particular order). The best schools in the country are mostly in London, Cambridge, Oxford, and Manchester, in that order.

Courses that are common in the UK

The most popular classes that Indian students take in the UK are Sociology and Social Studies, Law, Business Management, Computer Science, and Communications and Media.

The UK’s safety

You will be just as safe as you are at home as a student in the UK. When you get to your college, there will be a lot of other students who can tell you everything you need to know about it. You’ll find that the country has a lot of different kinds of people, and you’ll make friends from all over the world quickly.


The weather in the United Kingdom changes from day to day. It’s hard to tell what the weather will be like. Most of the time, the summers are warm and the winters are cold with snow. India has hotter summers than we do.

Advice on living

All foreign students in the UK who want to open a bank account will need a letter from their college. During the orientation and registering events, the college will give you this letter. All foreign students in the UK must sign up with a local doctor. Again, the college will help you set this up during the events for getting started and signing up.

You will be able to join any of the university’s many clubs and groups. During your time at college, the college also plans social events. This would usually involve tours of the city, ice skating, ten-pin bowling, and trips to other towns in the UK. Also, the UK has a lot of great things to do for fun, like music events, museums, trips to castles, and much more. Make sure you enjoy yourself as much as possible and find a good mix between school and fun.

Accommodation in UK

First, you have to decide if you want to live in a place that is run by the university or with a private owner. If the university is in charge of your housing, you can choose to have it prepared or do it yourself. The catered accommodation gives you the benefit of having your meals made for you and giving you some idea of how much they will cost.

If you know what you like, the housing office at your university will be able to tell you what kind of housing they have. This is where you should start looking. If you want to rent from a private owner or if the university you want to go to doesn’t have any housing options, the accommodation office should be able to give you a list of private properties and landlords in the area.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here